Another week gone by? What the …? Oh well, here’s another batch of links and cool stuff to browse this weekend. We’re coming off a crazy hot spell here in Los Angeles. We hope things are good for you wherever you hang your hat.
Love this video!
- “Hey guys… I think I may have found something over here … “
- There ARE other events in Louisville besides Derby and one of my favorite is this one.
- In case you need a little carny food and California craft beer in your life this weekend.
- A parallaxing crystal cave from Julien Simshäuser.
- Capturing the stunningly mundane in America.
- Brand Sweden. Sweden gets a facelift.
- Our friends at Kneadle have released their very cool Amp Tee, 2nd Edition.
- The folks at WE Labs are having a grand opening this Saturday. They are amazing and you should check them out.
- Only Openings. Another wonderful post by Frank Chimero.
- The homepage is dead, and the social web has won—even at the New York Times.
- Genealogist looks really interesting, but also like another Facebook in some ways. Keeping an eye out for launch.
“My point is that while we don’t want to overwhelm the user with choice overload, we also need to be careful not to unintentionally remove valuable choices that can empower people. In our quest to make experiences seamless, we run the risk of also making those experiences rigid and inflexible.” - from Seams by Jeremy Keith